Tuesday 11 October 2011

Checking In and Catching Up

It's been a little while since I've done an entry, so I thought that I would take this moment to catch up and check in. Quite a bit has gone on since I last posted. I got my ass to London for Fashion Week (absolutely LOVE London!!!), getting it together for my first photo shoot of my clothes (I'm a little behind on getting a couple of pieces done), and Kanye West debuts at Paris Fashion Week (I have a little bit to say about that).

I went to London to check out Fashion Week. The energy in London is simply amazing!!! It's totally like New York!! It's expensive as all hell, easy to get around, and everyone has their own unique look. The clothes that I did get to see were pretty awesome. They ran the gamut of either being minimalist to totally outrageous and that's what I've always expected going there. I only got to see the shopping event at the end, because I couldn't get in to see the shows (we're working on trying to get in at the next one in February). The event was really cool. It was like a huge trunk show in Somerset House (where Fashion Week takes place and it's HUGE!!!). Those shopping events bring out the fashionista girls. These girls know how to shop!! With glasses of champagne in tow, these girls were dropping pounds everywhere. From the makeup counters, to every designer spot all throughout, these girls were checking everything out. Loved it!!!



Right now, I'm working on a few pieces for an upcoming photo shoot. It's a little stressful because it's my first photo shoot where my clothes are featured and I want everything perfect. I'm a little behind, because I worked a lot on a jumpsuit and I wanted to get the fit right. I'm almost done with that, so the next pieces will be started soon. I'll post pics of the jumpsuit once it's complete. it should be done by later today or tonight. After the jumpsuit, I have to work on a tunic suit and a dress. I'm gonna be working around the clock to get those done.

In the midst of all of this, Kanye West premiered his fashion line at Paris Fashion Week. Let's just say that I wasn't totally impressed, I was more confused. It was supposed to be a Spring/Summer collection, yet he used Fall/Winter fabrics like leather, fur, and knits. The designer that designed the clothes, London based designer Katie Eary didn't do a bad job as a first time designer, but it wasn't great either. I loved all of the edginess that was in the show, but it lacked cohesion, in my opinion. Take a look at a few pieces and let me know what you think.









I kind of have a bit of an issue with some of these celebrity fashion lines. Some are really good and showcase the style of the artist/celebrity (Victoria Beckham, Gwen Stefani), and some are just cash cows (Sean John, House Of Dereon (sorry, Bee. I'm not inspired. Love the jeans, though))or at least I think they are. I like to be inspired by other designers, but some of these lines are like rehashings of what used to be hot, and a lot of them are bad. I always feel that fashion is great fun for the imagination, so the imagination should run wild. Inject the fun back into it like Gwen Stefani does, by combining different things. I'm all about spinning street fashion into the runways, because I always feel that the sidewalk is the best runway of them all.

Stay fashionable and sexy!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I will save my comments about kanye for Facebook,,,lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the fabrics - not very spring. There seems to be some cute "pieces" but I agree no overall cohesion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i lovelovelove your blog
    visit my blog .http://styleinappearance.blogspot.com/
    Follow my blog and I'll follow you back!‎ . have a nice day

    ReplyDelete