Friday 6 January 2012

New Year, New Challenges, New Determination

As the New Year begins, I take a moment to reflect on the past year. I managed to do quite a bit, but there are still some things that I need to do. Either way, I will get them done. I ended the year on a good note. I got a pretty interesting project that is taking out of my comfort zone. I am creating two pieces for an artist that I am not only a huge fan of, but I totally respect as a person. Her name is Billie Ray Martin.

I met her through mutual friends on Facebook. We chatted off and on, but we didn't meet face to face until she did a show at Berghain (AWESOME CLUB). At that point, I was still on a high from my portfolio shoot, because I had just got the pics back at that point. I also at that time, entered a contest to put a dress on Leona Lewis. I didn't win, but I got to see all the people that noticed what I did. My friend, Shel introduced us and right away I let her know that I would love to create something for her. I was totally surprised that I managed to get that out, because I was quite starstruck. The last time I saw her was when I was still a club kid in NY and her first record came out. She performed at a club I used to go to A LOT!!! Let's just say that there were only two clubs in New York that I'm sure if possible, I can get my mail there because I was there so much (The Roxy and Sound Factory).

Billie went to London to do a show and while she was there, I got an email with her ideas for the two videos and what she would like to wear. I immediately went to my sketch pad and worked out a few things. We met up and brainstormed. I showed my sketches, we made some changes and nailed the concept. Now I'm at the home stretch of getting this project done and I'm loving the results so far!! Doing this project has really inspired me to push it to the next level.

This project has my creative juices flowing and now I'm ready to take it further. I'm not sure what the next project will be, but I know that I will continue to create.

Berlin Fashion Week is coming up, so I have to get it together and throw myself into the mix. I'm determined more than ever to make my mark here.

Happy New Year!!!!!

Stay fashionable and sexy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment