Sunday 4 November 2012

Catching Up With Fashion Television

Yesterday, I spent the day being lazy and decided to catch up on some fashion television. I watched the new seasons of Project Runway- All Stars and Project Runway- Australia. I'm loving that even thought they are the same show, just in different continents, each continent's take on fashion is similar, yet vastly different (does that make sense???). The challenges are pretty much the same, but it is quite interesting to see each designers take on them. Both sets of designers add a dose of bitchiness to the pot to make good television, but it's awesome to see the end results for each challenge. I, even love to see when the designers are taken out of their comfort zone and do something they either never done before or something that they don't like (menswear, children's wear, group challenges) because that'e when you really see what skills they have going for them. Although the rest of the world may like the meltdowns, bitchiness, over confidence, lack of confidence and even some of the malaise that some of these designers have, I love the creative aspect to these shows. I also get a lot of ideas from the show challenges and I try to incorporate them into what I do. No matter how you slice it, it's tough being a designer, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. I can't say who will be in the final three on either show yet, but I will say that it will be fun to watch. Here is the cast of Project Runway- All Stars Season 2:
Here is the cast of Project Runway- Australia Season 4:
Stay fashionable and sexy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment